Print 15661744843_3a1bc3bb4e_o Japan 15661744843_3a1bc3bb4e_o Print 15661744843_3a1bc3bb4e_o Print 15661744843_3a1bc3bb4e_o Print 15661744843_3a1bc3bb4e_o Print

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tokyo Diary Day 5 ♡ 東京


Hi! I'm back with another Tokyo diary post, I will try to upload these once a week, it's already more than half a year since I were there. So it's time to speed up a little bit. By the way if you haven't read the posts from the days before this one, you can find them all here! So without further ado, let's get started!

We forgot to turn on our alarm the day before so we slept really late this day, so we didn't have that much time before we needed to get ready to the Hanabi Matsuri (花火祭り/花火大会) Firework festival. But before we needed to get ready, we went outside for a short walk in the Chiyoda park. There were a ton of cicadas (ひぐらし) crying on every tree along the park


After trying to get on our yukatas, and to have it look good we went to Asakusa (浅草). And it was packed with people, we tried to get a picture of the entrance  to the shopping market, but before we could even do that we were stopped by a TV crew from Fuji TV and asked if they could follow us around all night and film us, because they thought we looked like an anime couple.
Then we went for a little shopping in the famous shopping street, but there were so many people and so hot that we had to buy a fan each. I also got a kitsune mask and my boyfriend got an oni mask, they sold some really pretty hand made ones, but we only got the cheap plastic ones instead.
 After that we stood in line to walk across the bridge to see the fire works along the river. I think it took about an hour before we got to the bridge because of all the people, even though it's a 5 min walk from the shopping street. So when we got to the bridge it was already dark, and I was so happy because the fire works looks better when it's dark of course. It was a magical moment, they launched over 20 000 fire works along the Sumida river.
After we had crossed the bridge we went to get some food, I went to a stand and got takoyaki (たこ焼き). When the people filming us found out that I have never tried takoyaki in Japan before they really wanted to catch my reaction. I got really stressed by the camera and ate one even though I knew it was super hot, so I burned my mouth pretty bed. You can see them filming me in the gif. But the takoyaki was amazing, the best I ever had! ♡
This photo was from later that night. All the people you can see in the picture are not even half of the people that crossed the bridge!
This was right before we said goodbye to the film crew from Fuji TV. It was fun having them around asking us what we thought of the fireworks and them trying to capture our every move on camera, like you can see in the gif. After this we walked around for a bit, I ate a watermelon popsickle while we tryed to find a cab back home! 
It was one of my dreams to go to a firework festival and watch the fireworks in a yukata so I'm so happy that I found a pretty yukata that I loved and to see the amazing fireworks! (And it was super fun to be on TV for the second time during our stay)
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you like the gifs as well, I will start including gifs in my posts from now on! Please leave any questions you may have in the comments below, I always reply to you! ♡ 
Stay tuned for my next post!

2 comments:

  1. This was really cool. I liked the look on your face when you burned yourself on the takoyaki xD looking forward to the next post. Stay awesome ;3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha yes, my mouth was hurting for some dayes after as well ><

      Delete